Saturday, October 20, 2007

to r.i.p - onur karaozbek

Onur "Ka" Karaozbek is a great performer and has generously provided this item for the poetry blog - and also the photograph below...

To R.I.P

City streets packed, every step a new person
But none looks back at me
Even I gaze and I stare,
Even I smile and I greet
Later that day hours of grid lock
Screaming men, screaming women
But no one screams at me
After I swerve on the old lady driving a Volvo,
After I crash in to the bus full of kids
At night no one is around
The light from the corner shop is humming
Birds flying away, ignoring me,
When I scatter around packs of seeds
When I scatter around packs of seeds
I keep going, I want to be seen
To be known, to be felt, to be understood
To be to be to be to be to… behind the tree a girl is sitting
Which I offer a ride
But she looks right through me
Even I am right in her face
Even I am right in her face
Then the 17 days of rain
I am as dry as one can be
Not even a drop hit my face
While I kept looking up to see them fall down,
While I kept watching them feed the ground
Feed the ground that I stand on
Feed the ground that I sit on
Feed the ground that I lie on
Feed the ground that I lie in
Feed the ground that I live in
Feed the ground that I am in now
Then I realised there is no return
I kept watching the rain feed the ground,
I kept watching the dirt
I kept watching the dirt …
I kept watching the dirt coming down…
I kept watching the dirt coming down on me.